Karcher is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to pressure washers, helping you make – everything from cars to the backyard squeaky clean. But they come with various attachments and advanced features – and you must know how to use Karcher pressure washer models properly.
There’s no reason to get puzzled when it comes to using the Krcher Pressure Washer for the first time. As long as you have a steady supply of water and power – and know how to change and use the right attachment, you’ll be able to clean patios, cars, outdoor furniture, and more. Plus, you can even use detergent to enhance the cleaning performance.
So keep reading to learn how to set up and use your Karcher pressure washer.
How Does a Karcher Pressure Washer Work?
Karcher’s pressure washers operate in the same way as other washers of this category. It uses a powerful electric motor that drives pistons to force water through a nozzle. The nozzle sprays water with great pressure to clean everything like clinging dirt, dust, stains, oil, etc.
You can switch between different spraying modes according to your various cleaning needs. If you want to understand the mechanics of its working, you can check out the detailed description provided by Karcher. Here’s an image that shows the internal functions of the machine.
How to Use Karcher Pressure Washer – Step-by-Step Guide
Take a look at the steps of using Karcher pressure washers for effective cleaning.
a. How to Pair Karcher Pressure Washer with Trigger Gun
To start using the Krcher pressure washer from the Smart Control or Full Control Plus range, you must first sync the machine with the trigger gun. Here are the steps to do it.
- First, plug the device into the power socket to activate the pairing mode. It will stay on for 1 min.
- Next, press the “+” and the “-” buttons on the trigger gun simultaneously. Hold them for 5 seconds before the signal symbol begins blinking. After the successful pairing, pressure levels will be displayed.
If the pairing is not completed, unplug the device from the power source and repeat the steps above.
b) How to Set Up Karcher Pressure Washer
To set up and start using the pressure washer, make sure to place it on a level surface first. Then, follow the steps below –
- Start by connecting the water hose pipe to the machine on one end and the water supply on the other.
- After that, attach the hose to the washer and the hand gun on either side of the hose.
- Then, attach the cleaning/spraying attachment to the gun.
- Next, rotate the trigger lock to turn on the machine. This will activate the motor of the machine.
- Now, aim the spray lance at the floor and give the trigger a squeeze. Keep squeezing until it starts to spray water freely. Doing so will also remove airlocks.Here’s a look at a Karcher K2 set up video that will give you a clearer idea about the process.
c) How to Clean Using Krcher Pressure Washer
Once you have set the Krcher washer, you can get cleaning – using the following steps –
- Attach the Vario Lance, a powerful spraying attachment, to use the high pressure of water alone for cleaning. You can also attach other accessories for nuanced cleaning.
- To adjust the water pressure, you have to turn the dial to adjust the pressure according to the pressure readings. Or, you may need to turn the nozzle forward to get high pressure – and backward for lower water pressure.
- Rotate the nozzle clockwise to activate the fan spray mode and use the machine for dirt or leaf removal. Turn the nozzle anti-clockwise for a pointed, high-pressure water output to increase pressure and remove stubborn stains and debris.
d) How to Connect Hose to Karcher Pressure Washer
After connecting the pressure washer to the power unit, you can take the following steps to connect the water hose to the machine.
- Attach the Quick Connect adapter to the machine – and the Aqua Stop to the hose.
- Screw the side of the water hose pipe with the Aqua Stop to the machine’s inlet tightly.
- Connect the pipe’s other end to the water supply. It can be a water bucket of water or a water butt tap.Here’s a video that shows you how to connect hose to Karcher K2 pressure washer. It shows how to connect Karcher pressure washer to tap.
e) How to Pack Away Krcher Pressure Washer After Use
After your cleaning job is completed, it’s important to pack away the machine and store it properly. Here’s how to do it.
- First, turn off the machine and cut out the water supply, detaching the hose pipe from the water.
- Release the pressure in the pipe by pressing the trigger. Then, remove the pipe from the machine to release any remaining water drops in the pump.
- Turn the machine on again for another 5 seconds and then shut it off before packing the machine up. Here’s a video to explain the unplugging and packing process.
e) How to Change Karcher Attachments
Attaching and changing Karcher accessories can be super easy. Here’s how to do it.
- To attach the cleaning/spraying attachment to the gun, push the bayonet connector into it.
- Then, twist it to lock the lance in place. Here’s a quick look at how to do it.
- You can also attach other accessories like the soft surface brush, power scrubber, surface cleaner, dirt blaster, etc., following the same method.
g) How to Use Detergent with Karcher Pressure Washers
- The simplest way of using detergent with most Karcher models is by using the foam nozzle. Fill the attachment’s bottle with detergent and reattach it to the nozzle.
- Then, connect the attachment to the trigger or extension lance. You can adjust the detergent hose pipe on the foam nozzle using the yellow knob and change the jet as needed.
- Some Karcher washers are designed to accommodate a detergent bottle, like the Karcher K3 model. Put the bottle in the back or bottom, per the model. You may need to wiggle it in slightly.
- Then, find the filter of the suction hose pipe for detergents and place it in the detergent container.
- It also has a black cap, which you must place securely on the bottle’s mouth. For this type of cleaning, use a mixture of water and detergent.
- Here’s a video that demonstrates how to use detergent with Karcher K2 pressure washer devices – or any other model after that up to K7.
What to Clean Using Karcher’s Pressure Washers
You can use Karcher’s pressure washers for various outdoor cleaning and washing needs. The brand offers a wide range of products to cater to the needs of both personal and professional users. The device can come in handy to clean the following –
- Driveways and Patios – Karcher’s washer can be used to remove loose dust, stubborn dirt, leaves, wet or dry mud, moss, and more. The spray lances, patio cleaner, and foam nozzles are highly effective.
- Vehicles – Dust and dirt, along with grease, can easily be washed off bikes, cars, cycles, etc., using these washers. You can use the spray lances, along with the brush attachments and foam nozzle, to agitate and remove even stubborn grime.
- Garden Furniture – The Karcher washer can be effective if your garden furniture has layers of dust, fallen leaves and twigs, rain spots, and more. You can use a combination of the sprayer, foaming nozzle, and brush attachments for this.
- Wheelie Bin – Cleaning a wheelie bin can become easy when you use a pressure washer to remove all smelly and stubborn debris – quickly and easily. The mini sprayer and soft brush attachment should do the trick.
- Gutter and Drainpipe – When you experience odour or blockage in the pipelines or gutters, you can use Karcher’s pressure washer to clean them. You can use the roof gutter and pipe cleaning kit for this purpose.
- Charcoal BBQ – This device can make the off-putting task of cleaning a BBQ so much swifter! The machine can remove everything from ash to sticky food remnants and give the grill a washdown. A brush attachment and a sprayer are enough for this.
- Garden Tools – Your wheelbarrow, shovel, watering can, etc., can be washed in the blink of an eye with the help of Karcher’s washer. All you need is the spray lance and the brush attachment to do this.
Now you know how to use Karcher pressure washer models and attachments. Karcher is a trusted brand with a wide range of products.
You can use them to wash various outdoor areas, tools, devices, vehicles, and more easily. Once you learn how to set up and use these pressure washers, you’ll easily handle the most stubborn cleaning needs!
1. Can you use a Karcher patio cleaner?
Karcher T-Racer Surface Cleaner is a specialised patio cleaner attachment with twin jets. You can attach this accessory to the extension lance that comes with the machine. Then, move it across the patio surface to get quick cleaning.
Here’s a video that shows how to use Karcher patio cleaner.
2. How do you use Karcher car shampoo?
Karcher’s pressure washers are compatible with the Foam Nozzle attachment. Pour car shampoo into the nozzle’s bottle and screw it to the attachment. When the nozzle is connected to the washer, the device will draw water and use the shampoo to project soapy water.
Here’s a look at how to use Karcher car shampoo.
3. How do you use the Karcher K4 washer?
Karcher K4 is an advanced pressure washer. Don’t worry if you don’t yet know how to use Karcher K4. Connect it to the power outlet and the water supply. Then, you can rotate the spray lance to control the water pressure level. You can also use the dirt blaster for more powerful cleaning.
Take a quick look at how to use the device.
4. How do you disconnect the high-pressure hose from Karcher K2?
You may need to remove the high-pressure hose pipe from Karcher K2 to clean or replace it. Here’s how to disconnect high pressure hose from Karcher K2. Lift the hose clip at the bottom and pull the hose. Then, follow the same with the yellow gun clip to extract the pipe completely.
5. How do you use detergent with Karcher K4?
If you’re a new Karcher washer user, you may be confused about how to use detergent with Karcher K4 pressure washer. First, pull off the screw cap and the cover on top of the bottle. Then, attach it to the washer to wash everything from oil on a BBQ grill to grime on bikes.
6. How do you use a Karcher K2 Compact Pressure Washer?
To use the Karcher K2 Compact Pressure Washer, you will first need to plug in the water pipe into the back and screw the hose in the front. Then, plug the other end of the hose into the hand gun. Next, connect the attachments per your cleaning needs and press the trigger to start washing.