A Bosch oven is a popular kitchen appliance due to its reliability and extensive yet user-friendly functions.
Even though these ovens are easy to understand and use, there might still be some settings and functions you need help with. A common challenge Bosch users face is setting the clock on their oven’s display.
Your Bosch oven can display the time and be used to set a cooking timer. Both functions use the clock button and the + and – buttons on the oven’s display.
Keep reading to learn more about how to set the clock on your Bosch oven.
Using the Time Setting Options
Your Bosch oven has various time-setting options. You can push the clock button to access the menu and change the settings.
The clock button will allow you to switch between various functions – all the time symbols will be lit up on the display.
The time function currently selected will be shown in square brackets , and this can be changed using the + and – buttons on your control panel while the time symbol is in the brackets.
Here’s how to change various settings.
Setting the Time
When you connect your Bosch appliance to a power outlet, you’ll need to set the time. This will need to be repeated if you have a power cut or disconnect your oven from the power source for any reason, so it’s good to remember how to perform this task.
After connecting the appliance, the clock symbol will light up with four zeros (00:00). This means you need to set the time.
- Push the clock button on your control panel.
- The display will show 12:00.
- Use the + and – button to change the time until you have reached the correct numbers.
- Leave this for a few seconds for the time to set.
Changing the Time
If you have set the wrong time or wish to change the time on your oven for another reason, you will first need to ensure that no other time function is selected.
- Press the clock button four times on your control panel.
- The time symbols will light up on your display.
- Use the + and – buttons to change the time until you have the correct numbers in place.
- Leave this for a few seconds for the time to set.
Hiding the Clock
You can also hide the clock if you do not wish to see the time on your oven display.
This can only be done if no other time functions have been programmed on your oven.
- Press and hold the clock symbol for four seconds until the panel shows a primary setting option, e.g. C1, to represent Option 1.
- You can use the + and – buttons to modify the basic settings.
- Choose Option 2 (C2) to hide the time display.
- Press and hold the clock symbol again to apply the settings.
Using the Timer on Your Bosch Oven
The time display on your Bosch oven can also be used to manage cooking times. You can use this feature to set a timer or a cooking time, each of which performs a different function.
Here’s how to use each and make the most of your appliance.
The Timer Function
Your first option is to use the timer as a standard kitchen timer. This is an excellent function as you won’t need to purchase an egg timer or use the timer on your smartphone – it’s built directly into the oven, and you can set it to run for as long as you need.
This timer works separately from the cooking compartment and has its own signal, so you can distinguish it from a cooking time. Setting the timer will not create any heat in your appliance.
If you want to set a timer on your oven, here are the steps.
- Press the clock symbol once.
- The time symbols will light up on the display, and you will see brackets around a bell symbol.
- You can set the timer duration with the + and – buttons.
- Wait for a few seconds, and the timer will start and run for the set time.
When the timer has run out, a signal will sound, and the display will show 00:00 to indicate the time is up. You can switch the timer off by pressing the clock.
The Cooking Time Function
Another handy setting available on Bosch ovens is the cooking time function, which is different from the timer function.
This function allows you to set the duration you would like your dish to be in the oven. When the cooking time has elapsed, the oven will automatically turn off to prevent your food from overcooking or burning if you’re too busy to take it out immediately.
To do this, you will need to use the function selector.
- Use the function selector to choose the type of heating, and then set the temperature or grill setting.
- Next, press the clock symbol twice in a row – the display will show 00:00.
- Use the + and – buttons to set the cooking time.
- The oven will start after a few seconds, and the time duration will begin counting down. The appliance will heat your food for the set time.
When the cooking time has elapsed, a signal will sound, and the oven will switch off.
The End Time Function
Finally, you can delay the time at which you want your dish to finish cooking. The oven will start automatically and end at the desired time.
This is very useful for when you’re having dinner guests or want hot food on your plate after finishing up with other daily tasks.
- Use the function selector and temperature selector to set your desired cook settings.
- Press the clock symbol twice and set the cooking time with the + and – buttons.
- Next, press the symbol again, and you will see brackets around the end time function, which looks like a clock with an arrow going around it.
- The display will show the time at which the dish will be ready.
- You can use the + and – buttons to set a later finish time.
- Leave this for a few seconds to apply the settings. The oven will then start at the appropriate time.
This guide explains how to use the time settings on your Bosch oven, but if you need further support, turn to your user manual to have any additional questions answered about your model.
If you think the timer is broken, get in touch with an appliance technician who has experience working with an electric oven.