Do you own an Indesit washer dryer and struggle with drying your clothes effectively and efficiently? Are you tired of damp, musty clothes that take forever to dry?
Indesit is a leading brand in the world of laundry appliances, offering a range of washing machines and washer-dryers designed to make your life easier. Yet, if you aren’t using your Indesit washer dryer correctly, you’re left with clothes that need to be dried correctly.
When used correctly, you can ensure your clothes are dried effectively and efficiently every time, saving you time and hassle. You need a comprehensive guide to know the steps to take to get your clothes dry every time.
In this article, I’ll give you step-by-step instructions on using the dryer function on your Indesit washer dryer, alternative drying methods, maintenance and cleaning tips, and troubleshooting advice.
1 – Preparing clothes for drying
One of the biggest mistakes people make when getting their clothes dry with an Indesit washer-dryer is not preparing the clothes beforehand. Drying your clothes is half done before you put them into the machine. The process when using an integrated washer-dryer is much different than a tumble dryer. When you plan to dry them and make them part of your routine, you will always have great results.
Here are some tips that you should remember before starting your laundry:
Check the care label
Always check the care label on your clothes to determine whether they can be dried in a machine or if they need to be air-dried. Some materials, such as wool and silk, and other delicate garments are too delicate for machine drying and require air drying.
The care label is typically found on the inside of the garment and is usually made of a small tag or label sewn into the seam. It includes symbols and text indicating how to care for the fabric properly. Some common symbols found on care labels include a square with a circle in the middle, which suggests that the garment can be tumble dried; a circle, which indicates that the garment can be dry cleaned; and a square, which indicates that the garment can be ironed.
If you see a square with a circle in the middle, paying attention to the dot within the circle is essential. This dot indicates the heat setting that is safe to use when tumble drying the garment. A single dot indicates a low heat setting, while two dots indicate a medium heat setting. Three dots indicate a high heat setting, which should be used only for heavier fabrics such as towels or bed sheets.
Remove excess water
Removing excess water from your clothes before putting them in the dryer is a simple yet essential step to ensure that your clothes come out dry and fresh from your Indesit washing machine.
Most Indesit washing machines come with a spin cycle that can help to remove excess water from your clothes before drying. Be sure to use the appropriate spin cycle for your clothes and avoid overloading the machine to ensure the spin cycle is effective. It’s a good idea to rerun the spin cycle if the clothes seem water-logged and set it for a higher spin speed.
A clean, dry towel is an effective method to remove excess water. Lay the towel flat on a surface and place the wet clothes on top. Roll the towel and clothes together, then squeeze gently to remove excess water.
In addition, removing excess water before drying can also help to reduce drying time and save energy, which can lower your electricity bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
Avoid overloading the dryer
Overloading your Indesit washer dryer is a common mistake many people make when drying clothes. While it may be tempting to put as many clothes as possible in the dryer to save time, overloading can lead to several problems, including uneven drying due to a slower spin speed and damage to the machine.
The first step is to know what the weight limit is for your model. This can be found in the Indesit washer dryer owner’s manual. You should generally fill the machine to around 80% of its capacity to ensure even drying and avoid overloading.
It’s also important to distribute the clothes evenly in the dryer, placing heavier items at the bottom and lighter items at the top. This helps to ensure that the air can circulate correctly and that the clothes dry evenly.
2 – Zero in on the correct washing and drying settings
There are different washing and drying options available for you. The reason is that different scenarios require other methods. Your results will vary if you put your clothes in and use the same drying setting every time.
Here are the Indesit washer dryer settings to be aware of before you dry your next load:
- Sport: Use programme 1 to wash lightly soiled sportswear like tracksuits and shorts. To achieve the best washing results, avoiding exceeding the maximum load is recommended. To wash with this program, use a liquid detergent and add only the amount necessary for a half-load.
- Dark-coloured garments: Select programme 2. This cycle is designed to preserve the dark colours of the clothing over time. For best results, it’s recommended to use a liquid detergent. Once the wash cycle is complete, the machine will automatically perform a gentle drying cycle that preserves the colour of the garments. The display will show the level”” and the maximum load should not exceed 3 kg.
- Anti-odour: Use programme 3 to wash garments with unpleasant odours, such as smoke, sweat, or fried food. This program is specifically designed to remove odours while preserving the fibres of the fabric. Synthetic or mixed loads should be washed at 40°, while resistant cotton fabrics can be washed at 60°.
- Delicate: Programme 4 is intended for washing very delicate garments. To get the best results, turn the garments inside out before washing them and use a liquid detergent. Also, select a time-based drying function. In that case, the Indesit washer dryer will perform a gentle drying cycle with a slower spin speed at the end of the wash cycle using light handling and appropriate temperature control of the water jet.
- Wool: __The wool wash programme of this washer-dryer has been approved by The Woolmark Company for washing wool-containing garments labeled as “hand wash.” as long as the clothes are washed according to the instructions on the garment label.
- Rapid 30′: Programme 6 is intended for washing lightly soiled garments, excluding wool and silk, with a maximum load of 3 kg at 30°. This cycle is designed to ensure minimal wastage, as it only takes 30 minutes. Great for washing cotton and synthetics.
- Eco Cotton 20°: Programme 11 is ideal for lightly soiled cotton loads. This cycle uses mechanical action that operates with a varying spin speed, with repeated and frequent peaks, to achieve effective cleaning performance levels comparable to washing at 40° at cold temperatures.
- Eco Synthetic: Programme 12 is suitable for washing mixed loads with an average soil level, including cotton and synthetic fabrics. The cycle is designed to achieve effective performance levels at cold temperatures, which are guaranteed by a mechanical action operating at varying speeds across set average intervals.
- Wash&Dry 45′: Programme 13 is intended for quickly washing and drying lightly soiled garments made of cotton and synthetic fabrics. This cycle can wash and dry up to 1 kg of laundry in just 45 minutes. Use liquid detergent and pre-treat cuffs, collars, and stains for the best results.
- AirFresh: Programme 14 is ideal for refreshing garments and removing foul odours, particularly smoke from fried food, cotton, and synthetics. This cycle does not involve washing and can refresh up to 1.5 kg of laundry in 30 minutes.
- Push&Go: Push to achieve brilliant daily cleaning. In just 45 minutes, the Indesit washer dryer can automatically start a 30°c cycle perfect for cotton and synthetics without needing to pre-treat or scrub, ensuring minimal wastage. To activate, press the dedicated button for two seconds.
When selecting the right Indesit washer dryer option for your clothes, it’s essential to consider the fabric type, recommended heat setting, and spin speed. Always check the care label on your clothes to determine whether they can be tumble dried and at what heat setting.
If you have an Indesit washer dryer combo, you may also need to switch from the washing drum to the drying drum before using the dryer function. Consult your Indesit washing machine manual for instructions specific to your model.
3 – Using the dryer
Using the dryer on an Indesit washer dryer is a simple and convenient way to dry your clothes effectively and efficiently. Whether you’re drying heavy fabrics like towels and jeans or delicate fabrics like silk and wool, the dryer function on your Indesit washing machine is designed to provide optimal drying performance while taking care of your clothes.
When you press the drying cycle button, the machine automatically selects the maximum compatible drying cycle based on the selected wash cycle. Press the button repeatedly to decrease the drying level and time until the cycle is excluded completely (“OFF”). The drying function may be set as follows:
Based on desired laundry dryness level:
Cupboard: Works for laundry that can be put in the cupboard without ironing.
Hanger: Ideal for clothes that can be thoroughly dried.
Iron: suitable for clothes that require ironing, as the remaining dampness softens creases, making them easier to remove.
Based on a set time between 20 and 30 minutes. If the laundry load to be washed and dried exceeds the maximum load capacity, perform the wash cycle, and once it is complete, divide the garments into groups and return some of them to the drum.
NB: A cooling-down period is always added to the end of each drying cycle.
To perform a drying-only cycle, press the button and select a compatible cycle for the type of garments. Then press the button to exclude the washing phase and start the drying phase at the maximum level for the selected cycle. The drying level or time can be set and adjusted by pressing the drying button, but this function is incompatible with cycles 13 and 14.
To set a delayed start for the selected cycle, repeatedly press the corresponding button until the desired delay option period is reached. Once activated, the symbol lights up on display. Press the button to remove the delayed start setting until the text “OFF” appears on display.
Press the button to enable the option to modify cycle settings, and the corresponding indicator light will turn on. Press the button again to disable the option, and the indicator light will turn off. Note that if the selected option is incompatible with the set wash cycle, the indicator light will flash, and the option will not be activated.
4 – Understand the control panel
The ON/OFF button switches the machine on or off. A slow flashing green START/PAUSE indicator light indicates that the machine is on. To turn off the washer-dryer during a wash cycle, hold down the button for approximately 3 seconds. The Indesit washer dryer will not switch off if the button is briefly or accidentally pressed. The current cycle will be canceled if the machine is turned off during a wash cycle.
The PUSH&WASH and DRY button can be found in the “Wash cycles and options” section.
The WASH CYCLE SELECTOR KNOB is used to choose the desired wash cycle.
The OPTION buttons can be pressed to select available options. The corresponding indicator light will remain lit.
The TEMPERATURE button can be used to reduce or exclude the temperature completely. The current temperature value is displayed.
The SPIN button can be pressed to reduce or exclude the spin cycle. The current value will be displayed on the screen.
Press the DELAYED START button to set a delay period for the selected wash cycle, and the delay period will appear on the display.
The DRYING button can be pressed to adjust or exclude drying cycles. The selected drying level or time will be displayed.
The START/PAUSE button and indicator light are used to start and pause wash cycles. Press the button to begin a cycle when the green indicator light flashes slowly. The light will remain steadily lit once the cycle has started. To pause the cycle, press the button again, and the light will flash amber. If the symbol is not illuminated, the door may be opened. Press the button again to resume the cycle from where it was interrupted.
To comply with new energy-saving regulations, this washer-dryer has an automatic standby system that activates after 30 minutes of inactivity. To start the machine again, briefly press the ON/OFF button and wait for it to start up.
If the DELAYED START option is enabled, the countdown to the start of the selected wash cycle will be shown along with the maximum spin speed, temperature, and drying time.
Pressing the corresponding button allows you to view the maximum spin speed, temperature, and drying time values achieved by the machine during the set wash cycle or the most recently selected values (if compatible with the set wash cycle).
While the Indesit washer dryer processes the data based on the selected program, the hourglass icon will flash. After a maximum of 10 minutes, the icon will remain steadily lit, and the final amount of time remaining will be displayed. The hourglass icon will turn off about 1 minute after showing the remaining time.
Q: What are express wash and dry settings on an Indesit washer dryer?
The express wash-dry setting on an Indesit washing machine is a convenient and time-saving option that allows you to wash and dry a small load of clothes in just one cycle. This setting is designed for smaller loads of up to 0.5 kg and typically runs for around 35 minutes, and uses less water consumption. The express wash and dry setting combine a higher spin speed and a high heat setting to ensure your clothes are washed and dried quickly and effectively. This setting is perfect for those who need to do a quick load of laundry and don’t have time to wait for a separate wash and dry cycles.
Q: Can you use a washer dryer just for drying?
Yes, you can use a washer dryer just for drying clothes, like a typical tumble dryer. Most washer dryers have a separate function that allows you to dry clothes without going through a wash cycle. This can be a convenient and space-saving option if you don’t have the space for a separate washing machine and dryer. To use the dryer function on a washer dryer combo, load the machine with the clothes you want to dry, select the appropriate drying option based on the fabric type and recommended heat setting, and set the drying time according to the recommended duration for the fabric type and load size. The push to achieve brilliant drying.
Q: Can I put shoes in the dryer function on my Indesit washing machine?
While the dryer function on your Indesit washer dryer may be a convenient way to dry your clothes, it’s important to note that certain items should not be dried in a machine including shoes. Drying shoes in a machine can cause damage to the machine, create loud banging noises, and cause the shoes to become misshapen or damaged. One of the main issues with putting shoes in the dryer function on your Indesit washing machine is the potential for the shoes to bounce around inside the drum, causing damage to the machine or the shoes themselves. The shoes can also get caught in the drum or the lint filter, causing damage or blockages that can affect the machine’s performance.
Washer dryers are the ultimate convenience, especially for those living in small spaces. You can get your brilliant daily cleaning and drying done at the same time with just one push to achieve it. You’ll get your clothes clean and dried without much fuss at all. Worth it, in my opinion!